Rick from the Hoodoo Gurus and I had fun playing and talking about six songs we are embarrassed about admitting we love. It’s all done with good humor and we are challenging our own preconceived ideas and notions.
Anyway, it’s a stellar list of big hair, big songs and world class performers, and as usual, Rick gives us plenty of fascinating green room insight into the world of rock and roll. Enjoy:
1) Love and Other Bruises by Air Supply: 1976 off the album Air Supply
2) Oh Sherrie by Steve Perry: 1984 off the album Street Talk
3) Good Morning How Are You by The Moir Sisters: 1975 off the album Lost Somewhere Beyond Harmony
4) Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen: 2011 off the EP Curiosity
5) Magic by Olivia Newton John: 1982 from the soundtrack Xanadu
6) 3 Hour Drive by Alicia Keys: 2020 off the album Alicia